The Sudbury Workers Centre is always on the lookout for those who want to get involved!
- Are you passionate about being involved in your community?
- Do you feel strongly that a decent work experience is deserved by ALL workers?
- Do you want to make a strong, lasting and positive impact?
You can volunteer with the Sudbury Workers Centre in a variety of ways:
Join the action in any form to add support, complete small assignments, or stay connected on the many ways to get involved!
- Become a Community Ambassador and work alongside a staff member and other volunteers to help spread the word about who we are, what we do, and how we help our communities! You will be on the front lines at booths and a variety of events engaging with people about our supports and advocating for change! This will also include being involved with the Justice For Workers!
- Be a part of our Comm’s Action Team which is ongoing and online. This involves creating a bigger and better social media and online presence for the Sudbury Workers Centre through the creation of memes, infographics and content, as well as write letters to editors, being involved in the Sudbury Workers Centre social media to engage with people who comment, and ensuring that the information that is being shared and promoted around the Sudbury Workers Centre is true and sincere!
- Are you in post-secondary studies in Sudbury and looking to have more involvement on campus? Join our Young Workers Advisory Committee and help get more engagement and awareness on campus! Through the Student Advisory Committee, the Sudbury Workers Centre will be able to become more engaged on campus, educate and advocate for the rights of students workers, as well as ensure that the voices of students & young workers are being heard!
Interested?! Contact Us
A volunteer orientation session is mandatory, but scheduling for this session is very flexible!