Workers Café: Open Mic
The second S.W.E.A.C Workers Cafe - Open Mic... afternoon, on June 30th at 1 pm. Via online and in-person at the Sudbury Main Public Library.
Themed "Summer Work", We aim to highlight the voices of workers who wish to share experiences of summer jobs, placements, and opportunities, both past and present.
Artist: Have something else to say? As this is a worker's cafe, there is always an open category
Sign-up here: https://forms.gle/gc7AQpigbzEquxpu5
Poems, stories, songs, skits, monologues, and more are welcome on this family-friendly stage!
Surprise Guest Speakers revealed soon!
We invite you to join us both online and in person for this phenomenal free event, in partnership with the authors and writers at TAIBU UBUNTU's Writing Group (Facebook) and My Essence of Mind Organization.
Join us at the Main Branch Sudbury Library Room 1 at 1 pm or Join Zoom Meeting via zoom!
- Living Wage Digital Day of Action
- Feb 12, 2022: Sudbury votes yes to living wage report! (May.17)
- Stand With Wet’suwet’en Land Defenders
- Dec 22, 2021: Defund Coastal Gaslink
- Living-Wage Digital Day of Action
- Nov 7, 2021: Sudbury’s Living Wage is $16.98
- Injured Workers Rally
- Oct 29, 2021: WSIB Surplus – Jamie West
- Jun 20, 2021: World Refugee Day – Marc Serre
- 21 Paid Sick Days
- May 21, 2020: In solidarity with provincial events, march.
- Power of Many Rally
- Jun 7, 2019: One year of cuts
- Tax Event
- April 21, 2022: Taxes for Newcomers & International Students
- Open Mic Night
- Feb 21, 2022: Elimination of Racial Discrimination & World Poetry Day
- Tax Event
- April 6, 2021: Understanding Your Taxes
- Teach-in & Cultural Exchange
- Oct 23, 2020: In solidarity with provincial events, meal share.
- Data + Queeries Presentation
- Jul 15, 2020: Work, inclusion & 2SLGBTQ+ in Sudbury & Windsor
- Living Wage Launch
- Nov 4, 2019: Sudbury needs a living-wage!
- Future of Work
- Jul 25, 2019: Workshop – Will the future be fair?
- Advocacy 705
- Jul 15, 2017: Skill & Strategies for Sudbury
- Stitch’N B*tch
- Jun 12, 2017: Fight for $15 and Fairness
PAST WORKSHOPS & WEBINARS
PAST ADVOCACY & RALLYS
Prescription for a #SafeSeptember:
PAID SICK DAYS!
Rally and Action
Saturday, August 29th 2 PM