SWEAC is inviting organizers, campaigners, advocates, and allies from across Northeastern Ontario to join us for a day of training in community organizing and capacity building surrounding the recent legislative announcement concerning the Employment Standards Act and Labour Relations Act. We are pleased to have organizers from Toronto’s Workers Action Centre (workersactioncentre.org), the Fight for $15 and Fairness (15andfairness.org), and researchers from Closing the Gap (closeesgap.ca) join SWEAC staff in delivering this training.
Advocacy 705 will cover the following topics:
– The recently announced changes to the Employment Standards Act and Labour Relations Act and how these changes impact Northeastern Ontario residents.
– How to build your volunteer base within your community.
– Tools and strategies for community engagement.
– Discussion surrounding outreach challenges in rural and northern communities and strategies to overcome them.
– Key issues for Northern workers.
– Developing a larger network for Decent Work and social change in the north.
– Next steps, political priorities, and what’s at stake.
Registration Deadline: Friday June 30th, 2017
Registration is limited, please complete the below form to sign-up today
or contact Bryan Cayouette (T): 705-470-2173 (E): firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch and Snacks Will Be Provided